At Cedar Lane we grow in our understanding of spiritual development at all life stages. Parents come to Cedar Lane from many different faith upbringings, knowing the importance of being part of a community where deeds are more important than creeds, where each and every person is valued no matter who they love, or where they are from. We welcome multiracial and multifaith families. Older adults and empty nesters are engaged throughout the Cedar Lane community, participating in educational programs, social justice projects, and a range of activities that range from pancake suppers to field trips to coffee houses and interfaith explorations. Cedar Lane offers a curriculum-based pre-K through Grade 12 program for children and adult education classes for members and inquiring friends. The seven Unitarian Universalist principles and the sources of our faith are the
Cedar Lane offers a curriculum-based pre-K through Grade 12 program for children and adult education classes for members and inquiring friends. The seven Unitarian Universalist principles and the sources of our faith are the foundation of student learning.
The seven principles are:
- Respect others.
- Offer fair and kind treatment to all.
- Yearn to learn throughout life.
- Grow by exploring ideas and values together.
- Believe in our ideas and act on them.
- Insist on peace, freedom and justice for all.
- Value our interdependence with nature.
The sources of our beliefs are:
- The sense of wonder we all share.
- The men and women of long ago and today whose lives remind us to be kind and fair.
- The ethical and spiritual wisdom of the world’s religions.
- Jewish and Christian teachings which tell us to love all others as we love ourselves.
- The use of reason and the discoveries of science.
- The harmony of nature and the sacred circle of life.
Together we create a place where life, its celebrations, and its hardships are never faced alone. Together we build a community where diversity is celebrated, the unexpected embraced and where we can bring our beliefs alive in the world. We create opportunities for children to wonder, to find their own questions, to explore, to seek wisdom and mystery, and to be together in community with others – alike and unlike.
Our program content is selected or designed by the Lifespan Religious Education Ministry Team and professional staff to be most compatible with those goals. It is our commitment to offer experiences of faith in ways that meet the learning and developmental needs of our children.
In addition to Sunday morning religious education classes, Cedar Lane offers a number of multi-generational programs and worship services throughout the year. These allow our entire congregation to come together so we may learn and enjoy each other’s company in worship and service.