Beacon House has identified children ages 5 - 15 who may not receive any gifts this holiday season. UU churches around the Beltway have committed to donating gifts for these children as well as the other 100+ kids who attend Beacon House programs.
Cedar Lane has received the first names and ages of 20 children with their specific wish list requests. We would like to provide a gift for each child in the $25 to $50 price range.
Additionally, Cedar Lane has committed to donating additional gifts for the other children of Beacon House that you or your family can choose from an overall wish list. In addition to the approximately 150 children in the after school program, Beacon House serves additional children on their athletic teams and in the Northeast D.C. Edgewood community - so there is a great need. Family gifts are also welcome.
How will this work?
- Select an envelope from our Beacon House Gift Box
- The envelope will include the child’s name, age, name of one of the gifts the child has requested, and a holiday card
- Sign your name on the sign-up sheet - just so we can be sure these 20 children are covered
- Purchase a gift for your Beacon House child. Do not wrap the gift.
- Write a note to your child on the card (you may sign your name if you choose, or just write “Friend from Cedar Lane UU Church"
- Attach the card securely to your UNWRAPPED gift and place in the specially marked Beacon House Gift Bin by Dec 16
- Purchase a gift of your choice for a Beacon House child/youth ages 5 - 17, or a family, from the general wish list
- Bring your UNWRAPPED gift, with age and gender identified, and place in the Beacon House Gift Bin with attached card with your name or “Friend from Cedar Lane UU Church” by Dec 16
PLEASE BRING ALL GIFTS TO CHURCH BY SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16.
Thank you for your generosity and support of Beacon House children. Any questions, contact Beacon House liaison team members, Dottie & Wayne Mara, at email@example.com.