- General News
Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church hosted a press conference and interfaith vigil for Rosa I. Gutiérrez Lopez on December 12, 2018. Gutiérrez Lopez, who fled El Salvador in 2005 after facing harassment from machete-carrying farmworkers, has taken sanctuary at Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church to avoid being deported and being permanently separated from her three U.S.-born children.
Gutiérrez is the first immigrant to seek sanctuary at Cedar Lane.
- Dr. Elise Bryant, Steve Jones, Peter Jones, DC Labor Chorus
- Gail Riley, President, Cedar Lane UU Church, Board of Trustees
- Imam Ali Siddiqui
- Rev. Abhi Janamanchi, Senior Minister, Cedar Lane UU Church
- Pastor Walter Cruz
- Rev. Alvin Herring, Executive Director, Faith in Action
- Omar Angel Perez, Lead Organizer, Faith in Action
- Rabbi David Shneyer, Am Kolel
- Rev. Mansfield “Kasey” Kaseman, Interfaith Community Liaison for Montgomery County
- Rosa I. Gutiérrez Lopez
- Closing: Rev. Abhi Janamanchi, Senior Minister; Rev. Katie Romano Griffin, Assistant Minister; Christin Green, Intern Minister, Cedar Lane UU Church
Watch the vigil & press conference
Click here: https://youtu.be/yj0d1U37GOI
Click here: http://bit.ly/2rBf23m
How you can help
We welcome our Sanctuary guest this Sunday morning, December 16, during worship services at 9 & 11 am. Please visit the Sanctuary Information Table in the Lounge after the services if you have questions and to learn about support services for Rosa that we need everyone to sign up for. It takes a village! Thank you everyone!