- General News
We are pleased to announce that in February, 2019, our Reverend Abhi Janamanchi and his wife Lalitha plan to lead a group of Cedar Laners on a pilgrimage to India. While the trip is still in its early planning stages, we want to get the word out now to give church members plenty of notice. The general parameters of the pilgrimage include:
- The trip will be two weeks in February (tentatively February 7 to 21), mostly in the South of India, beginning in either Chennai or Hyderabad and ending in Delhi and a visit to the Taj Mahal.
- Though we do not have a final quote yet, we anticipate the cost will be approximately $5,000 per person, give or take, including economy airfare to and from India (airfare and other transportation during the trip itself inside India will be included in the trip price).
- Individuals will make their own flight arrangements to/from India and purchase their own airfare.
- The expected group size will be 15-16 people.
- A detailed itinerary and other additional information, including actual cost, will be available later this spring.
And finally, we plan to have an information session on May 29th at 7 pm (details to follow) for those who are interested in the pilgrimage. At this meeting, Abhi will talk about the trip he previously led, the itinerary, and what to expect on a two week visit to India. So if you are interested, please contact Betsy Shaw at email@example.com to sign up for the information session. As space on the trip will be limited to 15-16 travelers, the sooner you indicate your interest the better! In the meantime if you have questions, feel free to contact Betsy or Sandy Shaw.