- General News
Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Senior Minister
Location: Bethesda, MD (onsite)
Full-time, Exempt Position
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church (CLUUC), a progressive religious community located in Bethesda, MD, seeks a full-time Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) is a full time position reporting to the Senior Minister with the following responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs CLUUC’s business affairs and daily operations, including administrative, financial, human resources, Information Technology, and facilities operations of the Church.
- Advises the senior minister and Board of Trustees on a wide range of administrative and financial matters at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Ensures the effective, legal, and ethical implementation of church policies as stated in the bylaws and policy documents.
- Provides support to the Senior Staff team, Board, Lay Leaders, and committees as appropriate.
- Supervises a small administrative and facilities staff team.
- Compiles data and prepares reports on organizational performance.
- Broad and in-depth experience in managing financial, human resources, and administrative operations, including compliance with tax rules and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in supervising staff and managing projects.
- Experience in adapting and using information technology including integrated databases, administrative and financial applications including QuickBooks, and the development and maintenance of websites.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Professional experience in church or other nonprofit administration.
- Degree in Business, Nonprofit Management, Human Resources, Finance, or related field.
Salary and benefits are aligned with the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Fair Compensation Guidelines for Large Congregations. Benefits include health insurance for both individual and family, dental, life, long-term disability, pension benefits, vacation, and sick leave. Position is to be filled by June 30, 2018.
Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church is a diverse workplace and an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQ, and immigrant candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and including three supervisory references to EDSearch@cedarlane.org. The deadline for applications is May 15, 2018.